Sunday, September 25, 2011

From San Francisco: "(I didn't even know it was) Lost and Found." by Jeremy via Muni Diaries


This story originally appeared on Muni Diaries at this address: http://www.munidiaries.com/2011/09/07/i-didnt-even-know-it-was-lost-and-found/. This link no longer exists. A copy of the original story appears below.


I have a love/hate relationship with the 33-Stanyan. It picks me up right in front of my house and drops me off right in front of my work. I really couldn’t ask for a more convenient line. The driver that I usually have in the mornings is an all-star. He is always on time and greets me with a smile and a “hello” every morning. After this morning though, he should be put into the Muni Hall of Fame.

Apparently I had dropped my work ID on the bus. I didn’t notice until I got to work, but I had just assumed that I left it at home. About two hours after I got to work, my Muni driver walks into my office, hands me my ID, and says, “Hand delivery.” I wouldn’t have figured out that I left it on the bus until I got home and then I would have had to go through all the lost and found junk. At very least he saved me a trip to the SFMTA office. I think a big thank you is due to all of the drivers out there who do that extra little bit that makes public transportation not terrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment